Replacement windows in Omaha and surrounding areas are better than they’ve ever been before. They aren’t just there to take the place of your old windows anymore. They come in a wide selection of materials and styles that allow them to better perform their function in our homes.
Many new options are now also designed to make cleaning a breeze for homeowners. Here are some features of replacement windows that benefit your cleaning time:
- Better quality frame. Replacement windows have frames and sills that are typically made of vinyl. This is because vinyl is virtually maintenance-free and can be cleaned using a cloth dampened with a mild cleaning solution. Composites are also becoming a popular choice for frame material: they can mimic the low-maintenance properties of top-grade vinyl as well as the look and strength of expensive wood. These frames don’t rot or need repainting, which reduces the time and money you spend keeping them in shape.
- Special “self-clean” coating. Low-E glass coatings are a favorite among homeowners and window experts, and it’s not just because of their ability to better insulate a room. Low-E glass uses an exterior coating that pretty much cleans itself when activated by sunlight. This coating helps keep the glass free of dirt buildup and water spots, making cleaning less of a hassle for you.
- Easy tilt mechanism. One of the complaints we often hear about older window models is how they tilt outward, making them difficult to clean. Fortunately, many new double-hung windows now use a design that allows sashes to be easily tilted inward for quicker, more efficient cleaning. This way, you can clean the outer surface of the window while still inside the house.
We at Renewal by Andersen® of Omaha and Lincoln believe that you shouldn’t settle for windows that make cleaning more troublesome than ever. This is why we install only the best-quality replacement windows with the following innovative features that make cleaning a snap:
- Fibrex® frames. Our frames are made of Fibrex, a revolutionary composite product that combines the durability of wood with the easy-clean features of vinyl. It contains 40% reclaimed wood fiber and is absolutely environment-friendly.
- High-Performance™ Low-E4® glass. This unique glass innovation is covered with a sunlight-activated titanium oxide coating that resists dirt and water spots. Low-E4 is one of the most energy-efficient glass options around today—it can reduce your heating and cooling bills by up to 25% compared with standard double-pane glass.
- Inward tilt. Our double-hung windows have concealed tilt mechanisms on both sides of each sash. This allows the windows to be pulled inward during cleaning without damaging the glass and frames.
Want to learn more about the benefits of window replacement in Lincoln NE and surrounding areas? Give us a call at (402) 513-2828. Get an estimate of our services and schedule a free in-home consultation while you’re at it.