Energy-efficient home improvement projects are not only good for you and your property, but they’re also excellent for the environment. They reduce your ecological footprint and lower your utility bills while making your home more beautiful, efficient, and comfortable.
Getting federal tax credits for your home upgrades and replacements may seem complicated at first. That’s why it’s important to do your research before finalizing your plans to ensure eligibility. Here are some things to remember:
• Signed on December, 2015, the Consolidated Appropriations Act extended the expiration date of tax credits from the end of 2014 to December 31, 2016
• Primary residences and existing homes across the country are qualified for these credits
• Tax credits are not applicable to new construction or rentals
• Qualified energy-saving products like doors, insulation, roofs, and windows in Lincoln can get you tax credits worth 10% or more of your project cost excluding installation
• You need to secure a Manufacturer’s Certification Statement to ensure that your purchase qualifies for tax credits
• Carefully fill out Form 5695 from the IRS website to calculate and list down your residential energy improvement credits, then file it with your tax forms
• Unused tax credits can be carried forward on your tax return next year
Confused? Not to worry; Renewal by Andersen of Omaha and Lincoln is well-versed in this matter, so you can consult our experts for further guidance.
If you’re planning on energy-efficient home improvement projects, replacement windows in Omaha should be at the top of your list. With Fibrex and our High PerformanceTM Low-E4® SmartSunTM glass packages, our products help maximize your energy savings. Our replacement windows have also met the energy efficiency requirements of ENERGY STAR qualified, allowing to qualify for tax credits. We also carry numerous window styles, colors, and trims to give you a design that fits your home.
Call Renewal by Andersen of Omaha and Lincoln at (402) 513-2828 so we can start discussing your window project. We look forward to hearing from you!