Replacing windows is a popular home improvement project. In fact, it is one of the top five midrange projects in Remodeling magazine’s “2015 Cost Vs. Value Report.” If you are in the market for new windows, here are some helpful tips:
1. Know your window lingo. Understanding window jargon helps you choose quality replacement windows in Omaha, NE. You will also understand the process better and make communication with contractors easier.
2. Consider placement when choosing a window style. Some windows interfere with pathways when they open outward. Casement windows are also easier to use over counters and cabinets.
3. Consider both indoor and outdoor spaces that bay and bow windows will occupy. Make sure these will not obstruct walkways or gardens.
4. Achieve both ventilation and great outdoor views using a combination of fixed and operable windows.
5. Consider local climate. The extreme Omaha climate can take its toll on windows. Make sure you choose materials that can withstand fluctuating temperatures.
6. Choose materials that require less maintenance. This way, you can save money on frequent repairs and cleaning. Some materials also last longer compared with traditional options.
7. Prioritize energy efficiency for comfort and savings. Modern windows come with advanced materials with improved thermal performance. Renewal by Andersen® of Omaha – Lincoln, for example, offers High-Performance™ Low-E4® glass options and insulating Fibrex® frames. Together, these create a comfortable indoor environment and ensure energy savings all year long.
8. The direction your new windows are facing also affects overall performance. North-facing windows will collect less solar heat. East- and west-facing windows should be minimized but still allow for adequate daylighting.
9. An efficient window will not work without proper installation. Improper installation can cause serious problems right from the start. Make sure you work only with the professionals for your window replacement in Omaha.
You can be sure to get the right windows for your home with these tips. If you are looking for quality options in Nebraska and Iowa, trust Renewal by Andersen of Omaha – Lincoln. We are the leading source for durable, beautiful, and energy-efficient windows. We offer various styles and customization options to meet your every need.
Schedule a free in-home consultation today to learn more about our services. You can reach us at (402) 513-2828 or through our contact form.