Research by the Green Proving Ground program shows that up to 23% of the energy that HVAC systems use to cool and heat buildings is lost through inefficient windows. That’s why it’s important to choose an energy-efficient replacement window. Renewal by Andersen® of Omaha and Lincoln’s windows feature a high performance insulating glass package. In the first part of our blog series, we explain its features.
- Glass Coatings – We use an advanced glass coating system on all of our replacement windows in Omaha. Our glass exterior features metal oxide coatings that reduce water spots and make the glass easy to clean. They also have a spectrally selective multi-layer low emissivity coating on the inside and outside surface of the glass. This coating reflects heat, keeping you cool in summer and warm in winter. It can reduce your energy bills by reducing the workload on your utilities.
- Dual Seal – Our two panes of glass have two sealants: compressed butyl and specially formulated silicone. Renewal by Andersen uses a precise sealing process that makes sure that their sealants have a clean surface to adhere to. This provides a longer life for our Omaha windows and creates a more durable seal.
- Argon Gas Blend – Our windows also have an inert argon gas blend in the space between the two glass panes. This gas blend is viscous and slow moving, minimizing convective currents and reducing heat transfer. This improves the thermal performance of our Renewal by Andersen windows in Omaha.
- Double Glazing – The distance between our two panes of glass is also ideal. Glass panes that are too far away promote convection, while glass panes that are too close together reduce energy efficiency. The air space width between our glass panes provides the best performance.
- Spacer – Our insulated glass units have a low conductivity stainless steel spacer. Steel resists heat transfer better than aluminum and it’s significantly stronger. This means our windows have a thin and strong spacer that conducts less energy. Steel’s durability also reduces the risk of seal failure, air infiltration, and energy loss.
These features make our windows an excellent choice to help you save money and make your home more comfortable. In addition, Renewal by Andersen manufactures our windows from durable Fibrex® material. This reduces the risk of air and energy leaks. Call us at (402) 513-2828 to learn more about our energy-efficient glass. You can also request for a free estimate. Look forward to the second part of this series where we discuss our glass packages and their various benefits.